Position: Administrator (remote)
Closing Date: November 11, 2022
Hours: 10 – 15 hours per month
Pay: $30 per hour on contract
Contact: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
print this job posting
The British Columbia Prior Learning Action Network (BCPLAN) was established in 2012 as a not-for-profit society to promote increased use of the concept and methods of recognizing, assessing, and respecting prior learning. BCPLAN promotes quality assured assessment and recognition of adults’ knowledge, skills, and competencies either through formal education or non-formal means such as self-directed, experiential and workplace learning. The membership consists of prior learning assessment and recognition (PLAR) practitioners and leaders from various organizations, including immigrant and employment support services, regulatory authorities, colleges, and universities.
As a small, voluntary member organization, BCPLAN needs an administrator to assist the board of directors in its work to become a sustainable organization, increase partnerships with other organizations, increase communication and understanding of PLAR in BC, and advocate to the government on behalf of the sector.
The contract will be for one year with the option to renew.
The estimated time investment for this position is ten to twenty hours per month. Workload will vary, and work hours can be undertaken at the contractor’s discretion.
The contractor will be compensated a $30 per hour rate for a maximum of 200 hours for the year. The contractor will work primarily with the BCPLAN Board of Directors, and the board chair will supervise his/her work.
The anticipated contract start date is ASAP. The individual selected for this contract will be required to work from their home office or similar facility equipped with a computer, printer, scanner, and internet services at their expense. This is a remote position with the possibility of attending one in-person event a year in the Lower Mainland of BC.
Minimum Competency Requirements
The contracted person will be fluent in English and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The contractor will need to use e-mail (Mail Chimp), web browsers, web-based survey tools, social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn), video-conferencing software (Zoom, Teams) and member database applications. Website content management requires competency in using Wild Apricot to edit and manage website content. The contractor will need to be a well-organized, self-directed individual capable of getting the job done with little supervision.
Podcast production and audio engineering is an asset.
Support Board of Directors in the development and implementation of communication, advocacy, sustainability, and partnership strategies on a provincial level.
Collaborate to design and execute project management, customer service, innovation, and technical initiatives to develop and grow membership and the organization's reach.
Specific Tasks (in random order)
- Maintain BCPLAN membership on the website. On-board new members, including support in setting up accounts on Wild Apricot and troubleshooting issues as applicable.
- Prepare a framework for membership communications.
- Prepare and execute quarterly newsletters in MailChimp. Export recent contact lists from Wild Apricot to MailChimp before sending each newsletter.
- Send e-mail notices for membership renewal.
- Post information to the www.bcplan.ca website by using Wild Apricot.
- Assist with events, including venue arrangements, catering, publicity, communicating with speakers and participants, name tags, information packages, and other event management-related activities; maintain annual events calendar.
- Procure office and event-related supplies as needed.
- Help prepare grant applications for projects that promote PLAR
- Attend Board of Directors bi-monthly and committee monthly meetings. Take, distribute, and post minutes, coordinate meeting logistics by finding and scheduling times/dates via Doodle Poll and Google calendar.
- Be receptive to helping with other tasks as they emerge.