BC PLAN’s mission is to increase access to credentials and to employment opportunity by facilitating the portability, recognition and acceptance of workplace and academic competencies.
- Provide a communication network and learning community for public and private post-secondary educators, community-based employment service providers, employers and policy makers.
- Organize and implement educational and professional development opportunities for educators and trainers.
- Encourage and support innovative partnerships to facilitate increased credentials and long‐term employment success for adults in BC.
- Encourage dialogue, cooperation and collaboration among employers, service providers and policy makers.
- Support collaborative approaches to recognition of learning solutions in BC.
- Work with national and provincial organizations to promote and support a unified framework for PLAR in BC and in Canada.